What are the benefits of leaving a gift in your will?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family
- You may receive estate tax savings
How can I learn more?
How do I leave a gift in my will?
The most common form of giving after your lifetime is a gift of assets (money and/or other property) that is made through your will or other testamentary arrangement. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or your Community Foundation charitable giving fund as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A gift to your will can be made in several ways:
- You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset
- You can gift a percentage of your estate
- You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate
- You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets
How do I get started?